General Library Regulations
- General Library Regulations
- Loan Rules
- Cyberspace Rules
- Smoking and the use of mobile phones is not permitted in the Library.
- Consumption of food and drinks is not permitted in the Library and the use of matches and open lights are forbidden except in such areas in the library as are specifically set aside for such purposes.
- Bottles of ink may not be brought into the Library.
- No bags, umbrellas, parcels, etc except files and books may be brought into the Library. Adequate storage facilities have been provided at the entrance to the Library.
- On leaving the Library, all users are required to produce for inspection all books and items taken out of the Library.
- Silence must be observed strictly in the Library.
- Reservation of seats is not permitted. Books and other articles left for any length of time on chairs and tables may be removed by the library staff.
- Users must be decently dressed and conduct themselves properly in the Library. Users are required to treat the library staff with respect and courtesy. Should any incident be reported, the Librarian will pursue the matter with the appropriate authority.
- The Library staff on duty has the right to request a user to leave the premises if he/she is found to be violating any of the Library rules.
- Official time for determining fines on overdue books and for other purposes will be read according to the time determined in the computer system at the Circulation Counter. Should the system be down, the correct time will be determined by the library staff at the counter services.
- The Chief Librarian is empowered to withhold Library facilities for any infringement of these rules.
- The Library will not accept responsibility for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.
- The Chief Librarian may amend the Library Rules and Regulations as and when necessary.
General Loan Rules
- Only WUA Staff members can borrow Library materials.
- No books or library materials may be brought out of the Library until the loan has been recorded. Unauthorized removal of library materials is regarded as a very serious offence.
- Library materials borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- The normal loan period for books is two weeks. The Library, however, may fix varying loan periods for different types of materials or users as it deems fit.
- All borrowers must settle any overdue loans before they are permitted to borrow again.
- Do not use the computers to do the following:
- Playing Games
- Playing music
- Visit prohibited sites
- Political activities
- Do not install or uninstall any program or service in any computer. This is only a preserve of the Librarian.
- If any device of the computer is not working, do not fix it kindly report at the reference desk or to the IT person in charge.
- Use of foreign disks is prohibited i.e. Flash drives or floppy disks or Compact disks
- You are allowed to use the computer for a time allocated by the librarian. If need be you can be asked to give others opportunity to use the computers
- Do not send jobs for printing, it is not allowed within the cyber. If necessary contact the Librarians.
The WUA Library and its personnel make no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service provided. WUA Library and its personnel will not be responsible for any damages you suffer, which includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, or service interruptions. WUA Library and its personnel deny any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through Internet services.
Each library user should ensure that any copying of material done on Library photocopiers is carried out in compliance with the current Copyright Acts, the terms of which are outlined alongside all photocopying machines.
Users of electronic services should ensure that any material obtained is required solely for their own use for research or private study, and they will not supply a copy to any other person.
Books must be returned by the due date or earlier if recalled by the Librarian. Failure to return a book by the date specified will be treated as a serious offence. The Library will endeavor to send overdue notices but will not be held responsible for non-delivery, under whatever circumstances.
A fine can be imposed on anyone returning an overdue book. The rate will be determined by the Librarian. According to the value of the [BORROWED] book.
Loss and Damage
- The marking, defacing, mutilating or altering of books or services provided by the Library is strictly forbidden.
- Unauthorized movement of Library fittings, furniture and equipment is forbidden.
- Users may be prosecuted for criminal damage to property
- Borrowers will be held responsible for materials out on loan. If the material is lost, an immediate report should be made to the Librarian to enable appropriate action to be taken. A borrower is allowed to either replace the book lost or damaged by purchasing it himself or requesting the Library to replace it. All books replaced must be of the latest edition. If the book is one of a set or series they may be called upon to replace the whole set or series.
The main purpose of these rules is to safeguard the common interest of all users and to enable the Library to carry out its functions as efficiently as possible. Failure to observe the rules can lead to disqualification.